Friday 20 July 2012

Where do they learn it??


Kids are fascinating creatures...they seem to pick up all the things you don’t want them to learn and struggle with the simple things. I have been told by my 3 year old that I “ruin his life”. This is the same kid that struggles with the word yellow! I always blamed it on those other kids at preschool or those potty mouth people in the shopping centre but lately vie been paying more attention to the things he watches on TV. I’m not talking about The Simpsons or Futurama. I’m talking Toy Story and Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory!  Imagine my horror when I realize that during these innocent looking kids movies the characters are screaming at each other to shut up and calling each other idiots...and apparently telling each other that they ruin each other’s life! Seems that short of wrapping kids in a bubble and never letting them out of it there is really no way to prevent them learning less then desirable things. And I have to admit, at my sickest times during this pregnancy there was no better babysitter than the TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment