Friday 3 August 2012

Emotional vs. Physical


Having hubby home for two weeks after the birth of my daughter has left me wondering, is it better to receive emotional support or physical support. Or does it need to be a combination of both?
Although I have felt totally thankful that hubby has taken on the chores of the house there have definitely been times when I have felt like I would much rather a cuddle and being told I’m doing a good job. Clean plates are great but is it at the expense of my emotional health?
Maybe I’m looking for the wrong type of support from the wrong person?  Should I be relying on hubby to provide it all or should I be spreading the neediness around?
In this time of fluctuating hormones and getting used to new routines it’s almost impossible to make a rational decision and stick to it so it’s almost impossible to know what I need at any given time from any given person.
So for now I will enjoy having clean plates and clothes and hope that the cuddles will come when needed and thank my lucky stars that both hubby and I are happy with just two kids so I never have to go through this again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment