Monday 20 August 2012

Just wait...


After a pregnancy spent fending off stupid comments and questions from people I was excited to finally have my baby in my arms and finally have an end to other people scrutinising my life. Little did I know that the stupidity doesn’t stop there...
“Just wait till....”
This is the line people use whenever they feel the need to drag something positive down. The worst thing is it’s usually a topic they have initiated. They ask the question hoping for a negative response and when they don’t get it they just make their own.
 Example 1:
Stupid person: So how does your son feel about the baby?
Me: He adores her!
Stupid person: Oh...well just wait until blah blah blah and he won’t for long!
Example 2
Stupid person: How is life with no sleep?
Me: Actually bubs is a great sleeper!
Stupid person: Just wait until this, that and the other happens and you will be up all night!
I don’t understand why people can’t just be happy to see that someone else is enjoying having a newborn. Things don’t always have to be difficult!

1 comment:

  1. Just wait till none of these things happen and you can blow raspberries at them!

    ReplyDelete